Sunday, March 22, 2009

Loving the Loose Pants

Body image. Like most women, I have no problem finding flaws with my body. It's especially easy when spring arrives and women flaunting washboard stomachs are out and about in their spaghetti-strap tank tops and bum-hugging short shorts.

My loose fitting t-shirts and baggy-butt jeans attempt to hide the bulges in my mid-section and camoflage my soft softs. Strangely, I've never needed to cover my arms or legs. Somehow, as I've gained body mass everywhere else, they've remained the same. Some might even call my legs "chicken legs"...which seems fair, really. I'd say they resemble vertical toothpicks holding up a full-sized Thanksgiving turkey. My calves, like my father's and sister's calves, are in fact unproportionately muscular compared to the rest of my body. It's comical really. Like Popeye's bulging forearms after cracking open a can of spinach.

Lately though, in an effort to lose weight, I've begun to feel a little better about my body. My pants are fitting looser and I'm getting a nicer shape in my sides...not so box-y. So far, I've managed a 10 pound weight loss. I already feel healthier and maybe even less self-conscious as I face the world on the same streets as the flat-stomached women in their spaghetti-strap tank tops.

Now, what do I do about this flat butt!?

1 comment:

nita said...

i'm ready to read something new. i keep checking back, but you haven't written anything for quite a while. reading your blog is my recreation time, so get to it:)

Val's Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones