Sunday, April 26, 2009

A New Slant in Blog World

I haven't looked at my blog in over a month. Have I been too busy? Yeah, but that never kept me away before.

At Christmas I asked my brother if he had ever checked out my blog. His answer was something like "I just don't get it, what's it about?" Granted I'm still new to blogging and it's been a personal blog. I'm not selling anything. I'm not trying to sway your political views. I'm not pushing you to go green, cook organically, or try a new ethnic food everyday. My blog has been about the simple things going on in my life that get me thinking. Alot of my blogs have been about the adventures of my little boy and the interesting things that come out of his mouth.

I've enjoyed sharing these little stories semi-anonomously over the web. So what's the hold up? Why has my blog sat idle for so long?

Answer: I've been thinking. Thinking of a slant. A theme. A reason for the average Joe or Harriet to be interested. Maybe Harriet would stumble upon my blog by searching blogs for "double cowlick." She'd check out my pictures of DT, and move on to the next hit, without looking at any of my other posts. It's obvious the theme of my posts are random. Neither Harriet nor Joe would be interested in my other pointless bloggings.

So, what's my plan?

I've mentioned before that I'm a Speech-Langauge Pathologist, right? I love what I do, and I enjoy being able to share my expertise in childhood speech and language development. What if I continue sharing my little boy's adventures and whatnot, but also offer ideas for speech and language development based on these stories?

That's the plan. As simple as it sounds...ideas for growing your child's speech and language skills. Come back soon.

No comments:

Val's Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones