Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What's for supper?



I honestly don't hear that question at my house very often because my husband usually makes something fantastic (without even using a recipe) before my little boy and I notice that we're hungry... we usually start getting hungry when we hear him working in the kitchen and smell the garlic and herbs. But, tonight I was the one to suggest that it was time to think about dinner... and when I opened the fridge, nothing looked good. My husband suggested going out to eat, but I said no. You just never feel good about eating out when the only reason is you haven't thought ahead.

My husband decided he'd finish up the gumbo he made a few nights ago. It was delicious. He'd add some more sausage and make fresh rice, and pour the gumbo over it. I decided on a baked potato.

So what would my little boy eat? 5 years old and rather picky. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches have been popular lately, but maybe too popular. My husband decided on chicken nuggets from the freezer called "Dino Bites." What a perfect theme meal for the Flintstones Christmas movie we just picked up from the library. But to go the Dino Bites... black olives and a sliced hard-boiled egg. And in the middle of the plate, my husband created a ketchup and mustard volcano which earned a "Cool!" Now, this meal may sound like a mismatched and thoughless form of child abuse, but honestly these are 3 things that he loves most. And my little boy loved it! I have no explanation and all I can say is "Eeewww."

No comments:

Val's Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones