Friday, December 19, 2008

Ice Storm Beauty



The students of South Bend Schools had a planned day off today, but the teachers were to report for a Record Day. The staff at my school planned a potluck lunch and Christmas ornament exchange on this last day before break. But as I watched the growing list of school delays and closings on TV this morning, I quietly hoped South Bend would excuse teachers for the day. DTs school was one of the many who announced they would be closed due to the winter storm that we all began to expect last evening. Throughout the night I woke up to the sound of freezing rain hitting the house. And this morning I could see bright blue flashes of lightening through the curtains as I heard the rumbles of thunder. In the end, Ben and I went in to our schools (dragging our feet) and DT enjoyed the morning at my school, playing games with another teacher's kid. Afterward, we headed to our library where the iced trees made the entrance of the library glisten like lacy glass. The previous 2 photos are there in front of the Centre Township Library.

And these 2 were taken outside our house right when we got home.

No comments:

Val's Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones