Monday, December 8, 2008

One of Those Days

I felt like my day got off to a decent start... but by about noon I could see it taking a turn.

I went into the teachers lounge and dumped a Healthy Choice Campbell's soup into my school soup bowl. While it was warming, I went to retrieve my snowmen Christmas tree ornaments that I had decorated a table with last Friday for our staff payday Friday breakfast. I brought my cheesy crock pot potatoes, marble pound cake, and a few festive table decorations... my box of snowmen ornaments and 2 new ones... snowmen on skis that I just bought last year to add to my tree this year. Where were they? I looked under the table, on top of the refrigerator, in the cupboards. I couldn't find them. No, I shouldn't have left them, but I'm only at that school til noon on Fridays and didn't want to take anything away prematurely. But then, shouldn't they be there when I return the next work day? The principal made an announcement for me asking that whoever "picked them up" for me should make sure I get them back. But I haven't seen them yet.

Then the microwave beeped. My soup was ready. Healthy? Yes. Tasty? No. I ate the tasteless soup anyway (not having any other options) and went to the sink to wash my red school soup bowl. My hands were wet as I grabbed a few paper towels to dry it, and in slow motion... my beautiful red bowl slipped out of my hands and broke into countless pieces on the floor. I picked up what I could and was disgusted with my loss.

It didn't end there. Already being in a foul mood because of the missing ornaments and broken bowl, I let loose and emailed a co-worker about a situation in which I believe she used poor professional judgment. And of course I feel terrible for doing it NOW... Although completely true, it wasn't necessary and I'm sure it made her feel terrible.

No comments:

Val's Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones