Saturday, October 4, 2008

Windows Media Maker


I love the digital camera that Ben picked for my birthday a year and a half ago. It's a FujiFilm FinePix A800, 8.3 mega pixel that takes great digital pictures and short videos. I've used it for both functions, but my little videos have been raw, unedited clips with no clear beginning or end, and certainly no special effects. Even so, I've uploaded them to YouTube to share easily with family and friends.

But I see the editing, transitions, graphics, text, and special effects that everybody else who uploads to YouTube is capable of doing, and it just puts me in my place at the bottom of the video editing world. I've been interested in trying, but I didn't think we had any video editing software.

So, last night DT begged for Ben or I to rake up our leaves into a pile for him to jump into and I caught 2 pieces of the fun on video. Wanting to see what I could do, I searched "free video editing" and came to a blogger's post in which he discovered his computer came installed with Windows Media Maker. He said it was easy. "Yeah right," I thought. And not expecting to have the same software, I half-heartedly opened my start menu. Lo and behold, I too had Windows Media Maker in my accessories!

So, I started playing around and edited my first video. It took a while, but I had fun working on it and am satisfied. To see the finished product, look in the "Video Bar" in the lefthand column and click the image of DT playing in the leaves.

Please, leave comments and suggestions for future editing projects.

No comments:

Val's Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones