Monday, August 11, 2008

Back to School

Today was the first day back to school for teachers. A day that we all seemed to dread. A day that everyone I asked in the hallways or in meetings "How was your summer?," answered "Too short." And it was true. Summer break came and went quickly.

And what did the Brubakers accomplish this summer?

We grilled. We put up the pool. We built the playground in the back yard. We went to the splash pad. I scrapbooked. I took DT to the library. I saw "Mama Mia." We got the engine back in the '70 Cutlass. We had Granpa B and Becky for a visit. We registered DT for kindergarten. We played with play-doh. We read books. I visited my Laundry Man in Kokomo. DT and I spent a weekend with him in Dayton. We went to Boonshoft Museum. We had cousins over to play. We went to the Elkhart County Fair, the Marshall County Fair, and the St. Joseph County Fair. We went to Vacation Bible School at 3 churches. I dealt with a ganglion cyst. I painted the kitchen, dining room, and hallway. And I started a blog.

Okay, you're thinking I've had enough fun and should be ready to get back to work...but I'm so unmotivated right now. I think most school employees probably feel this way. I just wish I was mentally ready to jump back in and be excited about what's coming through those doors tomorrow... because ready or not, here they come.

No comments:

Val's Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones