Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Advice: Never look in the mirror before you shower.

My philosophy has always been "Never look in the mirror before you shower." But maybe there should be a exception to the rule.

Yesterday was the first day of school with students. I woke up scratching... scratching my face... scratching my neck... scratching my arms. I jumped in the shower. Enjoyed the fresh clean water. Dried myself. And looked in the mirror. "AAaaaahhhhh! What's that?"

The right side of my face was thick and puffy with rash. And my eye was swollen.

I put make-up on the left side and decided I better not put anything on the heinous side. I took a Benadryl. And I went to school. You just don't miss the first day of school.

I itched and scratched or thought about itching and scratching ALL day. When I got home, I took another Benadryl...which gave a little relief, but not much. And I hoped it would be better in the morning. "If it's not better after a day, I'll call the doctor."

It was worse this morning. This is what I saw in the mirror this morning through a swollen eye and the itchiest cheek ever.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pobrecita! The rash itself doesn't look too bad, but the swollen eye does. It reminds me of what Brian's eye looked like when he got stung by the bee while he was working out on the tractor many years ago. Anyhow, I hope the swelling goes down and that the rash starts clearing up ASAP. Bye for now.

Val's Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones