Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ninjago Party Supplies

If you've been looking for LEGO Ninjago party supplies, you're probably getting very disappointed. Are you finding ANYTHING? Frustrating, isn't it? Certainly no Ninjago party invitations to be found. If you want to see the homemade invitations I made, please go back through my older posts. That's the best I could do.

Ninjago is one of the most popular boys' cartoons right now. It's in it's second season on Cartoon Network. It's the only thing my son talks about these days. So, when he asked for a Ninjago-themed birthday party, I said yes. I thought finding supplies would be easy. It's such a popular show, I'd probably have character options and everything. How wrong I was! I looked at retail and party supply stores, searched on-line, and asked around. Could anybody help? No. NOTHING!

If there was going to be a Ninjago birthday party, there would be no ready-made supplies. This would be a DIY Ninjago party. I put on my thinking cap and started taking notes.

Primary colors, like LEGOS. A store-bought yellow table cloth. Blue napkins, plates, and cups. Balloons in the colors of the main Ninjago characters.

I wasn't satisfied. This was LEGO-ish, but not Ninjago-ish. My son doesn't have an interest in LEGOs. It's Ninjago! We needed something that says Ninjago.

Ninjago cups!

Using a color printer and photo paper, print off as many pairs of 1x3-inch Ninjago eyes as you need. Cut around them. Run them through a Xyron sticker maker. Stick them onto your party cups. And, voila!

Here are the eyes I used.
Ninjago balloons!

Making the cups was so easy that in true ninja spirit, I decided to personalize the balloons too! Print, cut, and stick as many 2x6-inch eyes as you need. I made 10 total. Two each of the 5 main ninjas' colors. GREEN: Lloyd, power of Creation. BLUE: Jay, ninja of Lightening. BLACK: Cole, ninja of Earth. RED: Kai, ninja of Fire. WHITE: Zane, ninja of Ice.

Your guests will love it when you tell them they get to take one home from the party.

What I didn't count on was a "helium shortage." Who would have guessed? I was still able to buy my helium-quality balloons at our local supermarket, but they came on plastic posts, which wasn't all that bad. Maybe even made it easier to stick the eyes on.

4 comments:

Kolein said...

Love this! You did a great job! I'm currently looking for ideas for my son's party this coming Monday! :)

Teresa said...

Thank you for the balloon eyes idea and link. My son's ninjago party is coming up. I also like the lego utensil holder. That is something I can have him build to help prep for the party! YAY!

Unknown said...

I hope your party is great! My son had fun building the utensil caddy too. I'm sure he'll remember that party. And that's what makes it all worth while.

stevenjared0853 said...

Ninjago Party Supplies!! That’s way too amazing. Such party supply services are always helping the parents to throw custom bashes on a budget. Even we hosted our son’s star wars themed party recently at the local event space San Francisco and got the décor stuff from an online party supply company.

Val's Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones