Saturday, January 3, 2009

Quiche... I'm on a pie kick.















I must be in hibernation mode. I keep cooking and eating. I enjoy this 2-week vacation from work, but it's not good for me. After I made the pumpkin pie, I had to decide what to do with the "extra" pie crust that came in the package. Why sell pie crusts as a pair? When people decide to make a pie, do they always really need two?

Manufacturers are always playing with me this way. It's like the hotdogs and buns... there are never the same number. You end up with too many of one thing and have to buy more of the other. I think they have an agreement with each other... I'm sure it's a money-making venture for both of them.

So, what did I do with the "extra" pie crust? This morning I made another pie. Well... a quiche. For someone who admittedly hasn't made a pie before, I've basically made 2 this week. Okay, I have made a quiche once before. It was 15 years ago in my high school Creative Foods class. I remember loving the sharp taste of the Swiss cheese with the eggs and flaky pastry crust. Mmmmm.















One more picture: The English Toffee recipe that I posted a week ago.

I made it yesterday before scrapbooking and took it with me to share. It didn't stay hard, so I refrigerated it when I got home and it seems good again.

No comments:

Val's Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones