Sunday, January 11, 2009

Can't keep it all... or can I?





How much of a kid's schoolwork and projects should a good mom keep?

Each day I find somewhere between 4 and 8 pieces of paper in DT's backpack. I'm not a terribly sentimental person who has to keep it all, but there are so many cute or memorable things. But I just can't keep it all. The first things to go are worksheets. I have no problem parting with them. Into the recycle bin without a second glance. But after that it's hard to decide what to keep and what to recycle. There are handwriting exercises, holiday-themed drawings, and so much more. So much that my "keep" pile is out of control. And DT's only halfway through kindergarten.

So here's what I've decided to do. Occassionally, I'll send something he's done at school to his long-distance grandparents. They seem to appreciate it. They can see what skills he's learning and what he's capable of. And I'm going to take a picture of the things that I want to keep, but know I can do without. I'll still keep a few special mementos-- no limit, but I'll keep it to a minimum. So here are a few of my first photographs for my digital rememberance book for kindergarten.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool pictures. Glad you found a way to archive them.

Val's Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones