Saturday, January 17, 2009

Favorite Cartoon: Rocky & Bullwinkle


"Hey, Rocky! Wanna watch me pull a rabbit out my hat?"

The first TV show I remember being "addicted to" was The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle.

I was the youngest in my family and the only one interested in the slap-stick comedy of a clever flying squirrel and a gullible, bumbling moose. So, I watched alone at our black and white console TV. I sat cross-legged on the wooden floor of our living room and tried to keep from blinking so I wouldn't miss a thing. And the next day I'd be sure to watch again because the story continued... with Bullwinkle still tied to a railroad track or the sinister Boris and Natasha devising a criminal plot involving a pathetic disguise.


Although I loved the two main characters of the show, part of what attracted me to this cartoon was that there were the other various segments. I loved the Fractured Fairy Tales segments and Dudley Do-Right. I never tired of seeing Dudley ride a horse backwards or the little fairy from Fractured Fairy Tales get flattened by the drop-down door in the intro.

Hopefully, this classic will bring the same enjoyment for me that it did 25 years ago. I picked up the complete 2nd season on DVD from the library today and am about to sit down with a mug of hot chocolate to watch.

No comments:

Val's Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones