Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"I hope you have a merry Christmas."

Goodbye Grandma.

This morning I took my mom to the Amtrak station for her return to New Mexico. I'm so glad she was able to come. DT played more games and read more books while Grandma was here than he would have without her. He never grows tired of attention, books, and games.

Anyway, as my mom and I were getting her things to pack in the car, she said her goodbye to DT. "I'm going back to New Mexico and your mommy's taking me. I'll miss you." He hugged her and looked sad.

Mom and I set off but only made if a half mile before I realized I forgot my cell phone at home and had to turn around for it. When I came in the door, DT looked so surprised and said "That didn't take long." I answered, "Well, I forgot something." He said, "And I forgot to tell you 'I hope you have a merry Christmas'."

He knew that we weren't going to see Grandma for a long time again, and the last thing she had said was "your mommy's taking me." Poor little guy thought I was going with her and would be gone for the holidays. Awwww! Of course I explained that I'd see him after school. And he smiled and hugged me.

No comments:

Val's Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones