Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Great Pumpkin



Last week I saw a TV ad for the Charlie Brown Halloween special, "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." I'm pretty sure I watched it on public television every year as a kid. I loved it. It wouldn't have been Halloween without it. So, when I saw that it was going to be on TV this Tuesday, I planned to watch it with DT.

Tuesday night came and went, and I forgot! Not surprising for those who know me well. I've forgotten far bigger events and far more important meetings. But, still I was sad when Ben came home from teaching his night class at Purdue and asked if we remembered to watch the special.

Regardless, DT dressed as "The Great Pumpkin" to go trick-or-treating. A friend from work passed down the costume. DT had seen it in the closet in the spring and has been excited since then to wear it. Ben walked around the subdivision with DT and then we drove to 2 houses of people we knew...we didn't stop at either one since their porch lights weren't on, but we did see a lot of trick-or-treaters out and about.

At home I passed out Kool-Aid Burst drinks and pre-packaged popcorn balls. We had 24 trick-or-treaters in the hour and a half that I had the light on. Overall, I was impressed with the costumes and manners, but of course there were a few kids that were "too old" to be trick-or-treating. The presidential election is in 3 days. I'll vote for whoever sets a legal trick-or-treating age of 10 and younger.

No comments:

Val's Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones