Sunday, September 14, 2008

Who's Top Banana?

If you read my blog at the end of August, you'll remember that DT neglected to give me the all-important picture day order form from school. What a fiasco! And believe it or not, I still don't know how that ended up. After emailing the photography company, I sent in payment, said who my son is and what school he took pictures at, and I indicated my package preference. I guess I just have to wait and see whose pictures I get if any.

Well, it has happened again. I know he doesn't mean to, but DT just isn't giving us important papers from school. This time he completely forgot to put his folder in his backpack. In kindergarten there's really no reason to hide it. So, is he just forgetting?

Here's a breakdown of our conversation:

DT: Mom, do you know what I'm gonna be next day?
Me: What are you gonna be?
DT: Top Banana!
Me: What's Top Banana?
DT: Do we have pictures of me?
Me: Yep. What kind of pictures?
DT: Pictures of me when I was born?
Me: What do you need those for?
DT: For Top Banana! We need pictures of me.

Now, without the note from his teacher detailing the whole process of Top Banana (which is in his folder at school) I didn't know how, as Top Banana's mom, to prepare for this momentous day/week.

I called his teacher. She later returned my call saying that "Yes, DT was supposed to be Top Banana next week, but that she'll give the necessary information to another student at church on Sunday. And DT can be Top Banana the week after."

When, I told DT the result of my call, he smiled. He didn't seem to mind that his being Top Banana is delayed. Maybe he realizes it's his fault...although I really doubt it. He seems peacefully oblivious...as he did on picture day.

Are these isolated incidences or a sign of what I should expect for the next 12 years?

No comments:

Val's Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones