Saturday, February 7, 2009

Warming Up


It's been so cold and snowy here in Northern Indiana... I haven't been outside much in the past 3 weeks. Until today, I haven't encouraged going out to play. Temperatures have been well below 0. And exposing skin to the outside air has been a bad idea. Well, today it finally warmed up. A serious heat wave! The driveway snow melted off and the ground became completely saturated as roofs lightened and gutters tried to keep up. As I walked around the house checking the downspouts, my feet sloshed through the yard and I had to pull my shoes out of the suctioning mud with every step.

Being cooped up the past few weeks should have meant more time to blog, but clearly that wasn't what happened. I did find myself at the computer more, but more or less wandering aimlessly around on-line. I've searched tricks to get kids to eat vegetables and checked Facebook statuses. I've read blogs and balanced the checkbook. I've checked email and read the local news and school closings.

Also inside, I got to spend some quality time with my little boy. We've played more games, read more books, and eaten at home more than usual. We've done more crafts, projects, word searches, dot-to-dots, mazes, and colored more pages in coloring books than I can count. In the picture above, DT had just finished making a stained glass window out of tissue paper and was putting it in the window. It looked so nice against the bright glare of the snow outside. We sure had fun.

But it was great to get outside again today. Since the snow was melting, I didn't have to park in the garage. I got out the vacuum and cleaned out my car. It was desperately needing some attention and I got to be outside. I had forgotten how nice it is... even if sloshing around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Val, that's a hysterical picture. If I were you, I'd have it cut. That is just so pathetic. That look will probably draw more attention than when it was short.

Val's Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones