Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Best Girl Ever

Monday, I had the joy of taking my 5-year old to school. Because of our work schedules, we generally take him to a classmate's house in the morning, and his mom takes DT with her own 3 children. It has worked out nicely, but since Ben and I didn't have shcool Monday, I surprised DT and took him to school myself. And I'm so glad I did.

Including a book-dropoff at the library, it was only a 3 minute trip to school, but it was just enough time for a heart-to-heart conversation. My little boy poured out his soul and told me that he gets picked on...describing specific instances. Mainly a kid who kicks his bag, flicks him, and jumps on him. My heart broke. DT is such a kind, mild-mannered, unprovoking kid. I was sad.

We pulled into the school parking lot. Before he got out of the car, he looked at me lovingly and said, "Mom, you're the best girl ever."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Val, I'm so sad too. Can't believe anyone would pick on him.

Val's Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones