Saturday, June 28, 2008

Cook Together

I like to cook. So does my husband. He's probably more successful at it than I am. He grills and cooks stove-top while I bake and make casseroles. His food always turns out fabulous.

What's really fun is cooking together...even though sometimes we find ourselves squeezing behind each other to get around the kitchen. This morning I fried ground sausage, baked what we call "tube biscuits," and shredded potatoes for hashbrowns. Well, I shredded two before nicking my knuckle and passing the job on to my lovely. Then he whipped up a killer sausage gravy for the biscuits, fried the hashbrowns, and fried eggs.

We sat at our sunroom table with our son and liesurely ate our heavy country breakfast with coffee and juice. It was one of those simple but highly enjoyable moments that you just can't get enough of.

While I probably won't remember it forever, I did enjoy it while it lasted. Simple family moments such as this are the best. And an accumulation of them are what happiness is made of.

No comments:

Val's Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones